The town of Aurora, Ontario has a lot going for it, especially when it comes to entertainment. If you’re new to Aurora and are looking for things to do, check out the following 7 entertainment hot spots.
- Shoeless Joe’s. Whether you’re a Maple Leafs or a Toronto Raptors fan, there’s no better place to catch the game than at Shoeless Joe’s. The most popular sports bar and grill in Aurora! In addition to enjoying some great food and beverages you can also showcase your skills on their pool tables.
- Ah Shucks Seafood Bar & Bistro. If you want to dance the night away, then Ah Shucks is the premier place to be in Aurora. They hold special events throughout the week, and host some of the best live music acts in the area.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre. The Aurora Cultural Centre plays host to all kinds of concerts, event, and workshops. The centre also showcases a wide variety of artwork in a regular series of exhibitions.
- The Cineplex Odeon Aurora Cinemas. Residents come here regularly to see Hollywood blockbusters as well as independent features. It’s large and comfortable theatres offer optimal viewing for the latest movies.
- Marquee Theatrical Productions. If you enjoy the visual arts, then you might want to catch a performance at the Marquee Theatrical Productions. The community theater has put on all kinds of productions since it was established back in 2013. Past productions have included The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, The Music Man and Oklahoma! To name a few.
- The Aurora Farmer’s Market. The Aurora Farmer’s Market runs from May 1st all the way through October 8th every Saturday. It’s a great way to mingle with the community and pick up fresh produce and artisanal foods.
- Concerts and Movies in the Park. Aurora holds two different series every summer – Concerts in the Park and Movies in the Park. Both are fantastic ways to enjoy live music or movies with the community. Movies in the Park will be held at the Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex on the jumbo screen, making the final of 7 entertainment hot spots in Aurora.
If you’re new to Aurora, you will quickly learn there are plenty of things around town to keep you entertained. These are just seven entertainment hot spots that local residents regularly enjoy.