The Benefits of Moving North of the City
If you’re looking for a new place to move to, you may want to consider heading north of Toronto. Toronto has a lot to offer in term of arts, culture, amenities and opportunities, as most large cities do. However, there are distinct advantages to moving to a smaller community, such as Barrie or Aurora. The following are a few of the benefits of moving north of the city that you can enjoy:
- A more affordable cost of living. Toronto boasts plenty of entertainment and job opportunities. Keep in mind though that all comes with a high cost of living. It’s much easier to invest in a home in a smaller community like Barrie or Aurora than it is to do in Toronto. In fact, for many residents of Toronto, renting is the only option, which can still be expensive.
- A more family-friendly environment. The lower cost of living makes it much easier to raise a family. Also the environment of a smaller city tends to be much more family-friendly. There are lower crime rates, making it an ideal environment to raise your children in.
- Less traffic jams. You can expect to spend a large amount of your time stuck in traffic in a large city due to population density. This is not something that’s unique to Toronto – all big cities deal with bad traffic. This is generally not as big of a problem in smaller cities where roads are not as congested.
- More exposure to nature. While Toronto boasts a beautiful waterfront, it is still somewhat of a concrete jungle. The suburbs offer easier access to natural surroundings, like parks and forests.
- Stronger community bond. People living in the city often go years without saying a word to their neighbours. In some cases, this is because there is a high turnover rate for apartments when compared to homes. In other cases, it’s because people in the city are often caught up in the hustle and bustle. Small town life allows you to take your foot off the pedal and gives you a chance to get to know the people around you.
These are just some of the reasons why you might want to consider moving north of the city. Many communities north of the city offer plenty of amenities and interesting things to do.